So...many of you know I've been training for the Spartan Race and it's been going great. But with the holidays coming it's gonna be so hard to stay on track. I love desserts and here are a few of my fave. MUCH LOVE! BChris
1) Apple Cake with Toffee Crust - This moist cake is served with butterscotch sauce, caramelized apples and ice cream.
2) Maple-Apple Upside-Down Cake - The maple syrup in this upside-down treat infuses both the apples and the cake, making the dessert taste like a stack of apple pancakes
3) Vanilla-and-Cider Panna Cottas with Spiced Ginger Cookies - This cinnamon-and-vanilla-flavored panna cotta combines creamy and tangy flavors for an elegant after-dinner treat.
4) Pumpkin Cheesecake with Brown-Butter Pears - Perfect for fall dinner parties, this pumpkin cheesecake is rich, creamy and the ideal end to a meal. Using gingersnap cookies for the crust instead of graham cracker adds a spiced-sweetness to the dessert.
5) Buttermilk Cake with Riesling-Poached Pears - Pears are a juicy and beautiful fruit that require little effort. Enjoy serving the fall fruit raw or poaching them in wine, such as the Riesling.